"Community is the most important element of Christian existence. Believing, behaving, and belonging are all essential to the Christian life, but belonging is more important, more fundamental than the others. Moreover, because the Church is the creation of the Holy Spirit, it provides a fellowship that cannot be found anywhere else."
—from the Introduction The author teaches in the School of Religion at Loma Linda University.
1. Believing, Behaving, Belonging
2. The Community of the Spirit
3. Christian Communal Consciousness
4. The Challenge to Church Today
5. The Church's Number One Problem
6. "My Way": The Character of Our Culture
7. Meaning and Metaphor
8. Pictures of the Church
9. A Growing Community
10. A Celebrating Community
11. A Personal Community
12. Tradition and Community
13. Tradition and Identity
14. A Home with A House: Community and Structure